What's New

I originally started this blog to serve as a business website--a big electronic business card that I could use not so much to attract new clients (who would ever see it?) but to provide information about my services to interested parties. That would have been fine if I was still just doing this as a side gig, supplementing my teaching income. But if I'm going to try to make a living at this, I knew I needed to do better than just a blog--so I bought a domain and started a real site. I'll leave this site up, and I think I'll actually start using the blog function as it was intended, posting updates on my work, ideas about writing and editing and so on. Perhaps I'll blog about my experiences trying to make it as a free-lancer. It's been interesting, for sure. Tales of the absent-minded professor, stumbling through the foreign jungle of entrepreneurship and web design. You wouldn't believe how bad I am at this (on the business side). Then again, you've seen this awful site. 

Anyway, that brings me to "what's new." I have business cards! I have a real website! I have--get this--a logo! I totally jumped the gun ordering the cards--they don't match the site, don't have the logo, and have an email addy that I just replaced today, actually (the old one still works, but it's gmail and now I have my own addy). I'm still making edits and updates to the website, but it's online. Friends have helped me with it--Melissa redesigned it, Daniel made the logo, and others have offered advice. I may be making a mess of it all, but I'm feeling proud anyway. 

More later. For now, check out the site: 

http://paragraphdoctor.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!